Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BlogFest Soccsksargen, Experiencing the Funnest Bloggers in Mindanao

It seems just like yesterday when I joined DigitalFilipino's Women in Web, Wireless and Outsourcing roadshow in 2006. It was a trip where we went to Cagayan de Oro, Davao and Cebu to talk about what businesses could do on the internet. It was during that trip that I met with the Davao internet community, organized by Andrew. I was still finding my way around my job back then so I just made a suggestion that they come together as a community. They did and that community has grown throughout Mindanao.

I'm really happy that the local internet community in Mindanao thrived and flourished and I try to come and attend their events whenever they send me an invitation. And this year I was invited again to speak at the BlogFest Soccskargen. I thought I would not be able to go in person and was just planning to join them via Google Hangout, so I surprised them and told Avel that I was flying in.


True enough, the Sox Bloggers, known to be the funnest bloggers in Mindanao, put together 2 awesome events. BlogFest Soccskargen had a line-up of bigatin speakers. I hope I was able to convey a couple of opportunities for the Mindanao bloggers through my talk.


In the evening, I got to attend the Philippine Blog Awards - Mindanao leg. The ceremonies outside of the awards night in Manila are usually straightforward. We all got a big surprise though when Donna, the host, introduced each award category in the most fashionable and entertaining manner. Everyone in the room was laughing and I must say that the fatigue I was feeling was wiped away (I was already up at 3 in the morning so I could make it to the 5 am flight).


Well, I'd like to make a correction to the Sox Bloggers slogan (if I may) because they are the funnest bloggers in the Philippines!



Congratulations Sox Bloggers, especially to Avel and Orman, for another very successful event!  (I hope someone would upload Donna's fabulous performance!).

7 comments:

  1. I miss them! Never a dull moment when you're with the SOCCSKARGEN bloggers. Sayang i missed the event pati yung sa Cebu leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Micamyx bakit nga ba wala ka?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you aileen for appreciating what we've prepared for PBA-Mindanao... I really had fun doing my Anne Hathaway-Curtis oscars theme stint LOL... Laurence (aka Gensanboy) has the videos he promised to upload it soon... excitedness!!! hehehehe

    and I learned a lot (as always) from your talk too... didn't know i can monetize my youtube channel... tnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Envy Me Salon it was really entertaining! Now the PBA folks are pressured for the nationals! Haha. It was great seeing you again Donna and I love your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great having you around once more, Aileen, and I am so glad that this time, I had a picture with you! Thanks so much for visiting Gensan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sheng I'm glad there's Plurk so we can keep in touch! I have been following your updates and I salute you for the good work you do in government (in DOLE pa at that!). Hope to see you soon again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Aileen,

    I'm running a campaign and just wondering if you'd like to join and spread the word to your fellow bloggers.

    campaign link can be found here: http://midsayap.com/contact/midsayap-com-campaign/

    by the way i love reading you blog envy you job.

    emerszon

    ReplyDelete