Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chocolate with Siling Labuyo at IFEX Philippines


I got the chance to try chocolate with siling labuyo today at the IFEX Philippines show (International Food Exhibition Philippines). I was hesitant to try it out first since I don't really like spicy food, but thought that a tiny piece wouldn't hurt. I took a small piece from the bowl, ate it and thought "Oh it just tastes like any other dark chocolate, but with a surprise." As you are about to swallow it the spicy siling labuyo tickles you a bit. A minute later though I felt the full effect of the siling labuyo, I started sweating! Haha. I gulped down some water and thought, "That chocolate with siling labuyo had a lot of kick!" Eating a whole bar is not for the faint hearted and probably only for a true-blooded Bicolano.

So that was the highlight of my visit today to the IFEX Philippines show. There are lots of other interesting food and beverages as well, like the Gourmet barako coffee.


The Yakon root crop which tasted like singkamas and sugar cane.


I'm probably biased, but I kinda hung-out at the Mindanao area more hehe.





If I have time I think I'll go back and sample the Honey Wine.



Thank you CITEM for the invitation!

IFEX Philippines (site)
May 12-14, 2011
SMX Convention Center
(beside SM Mall of Asia)
Pasay City

No comments:

Post a Comment