Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Eat Everything with Rice, a Filipino Dining Tutorial by Mikey Bustos

We always talk about food. Just take a peek at any social networking site - Twitter, Plurk, Facebook, blogs etc. - and you'd definitely see a post related to food. Whenever I have guests from other countries I require them to gain 5 pounds before they leave and threaten that I would tell immigration not to let them exit unless they gain weight. Of course, I'm just being funny, but I'm happy to say that a lot (if not all) of my guests say we have great food (they haven't sampled my cooking yet!).

And yes, I eat everything with rice. I get cranky if I don't have at least one rice meal in a day. It's a must! And I guess, my body craves for it. And I just realized that all of our local dishes are best eaten with rice (adobo, kare-kare, lechon etc. -- I can't imagine eating those without rice). Sweetie sometimes eats some meals without rice and to this day I cannot imagine how he does it - mashed potato just doesn't do it for me.

Anyway, Mikey Bustos has become a favorite Youtube star of mine and I just couldn't stop laughing over his "Filipino Dining Tutorial". He's got it down pat and even has the same Corelle plate as my Mom's! Haha! Pinoy na Pinoy! Watch this -

1 comment:

  1. Oo nga, Filipino diet is built on rice, kaya ang taas ng demand natin sa bigas, hehe. Do you think it's time Pinoys start to re-consider rice and find other staple food?

    ReplyDelete