Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Convection Oven that Blogging Bought

Once in a blue moon I earn some money from blogging and usually the pay-out comes in time for my birthday. Last year I got myself a nice executive chair from 2 years worth of blogging. It was something that I really missed from my previous job, a nice executive chair that dwarfs me (mababaw lang kaligayahan ko). It was one of the two things that we managed to save during Typhoon Ondoy (whew! The other one was my desktop PC).

I love to bake, but I haven't been able to do so in the past few years because I didn't have a working oven and I've become allergic to LPG so I can't use my Mom's oven anymore. I wanted to get one last summer but I didn't have the budget for it. I started to scout around for the one my best friend in Singapore recommended, but found out that local appliance stores/department stores don't carry that many brands.

I settled for the Imarflex 3-in-1 convection and rotisserie.


I was so excited to bake again I bought 2 new baking pans and some ingredients the next day and immediately worked on baking some peanut butter cookies.

It didn't turn out the way I expected it to be (pan was too small), 
but the 2 dozen cookies I baked were gone in less than 24 hours. 

And then last weekend I baked some yummy chocolate crinkles!


Hopefully, I can get my online cooking tutors to teach me how to bake some yummy dinner dishes. Also have to get recipes from my Ate.

13 comments:

  1. I want one too! And the food as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jerome I got the oven at a discounted price! That's why I had some left over money to buy 2 shiny new baking pans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, nice naman parang gusto ko rin iyan. Magkano?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alritch: P2 to P4K for a budget is ok. We got ours 10% off at P3.5K from a promo sale.

    @Jerome: masarap siya ! punta ka samen !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Oh migosh! Nagutom ako!!!

    Gusto ko rin ng ganyang oven... hirap magbake sa malaki! kakatakot magsindi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss Aileen! Does this run via electricity or LPG?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Genesis takot din ako magsindi and I'm allergic to LPG, so this oven's perfect for me.

    @Irene electricity. Allergic kasi ako LPG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:33 PM

    hi. what's the model and how many liters capacity of your Imarflex oven? tia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:26 AM

    hi! i also have that kind of oven! where did you bought your pan? mine are all mostly aluminum pans kasi. are you still baking? hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:29 AM

    did you change anything sa instructions sa recipes when you used imarflex instead of a conventional oven? or same din? like less/more baking time or lower/higher temp?

    i'm thinking of buying an oven but the la germania is too big for a newbie for me and i might just go for the imarflex.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:06 AM

    helo, good pm po
    kakabili ko lang po ng ganyang model ng imarflex oven, at hinde ko maintindihan ang instruction for first time users.
    hehee
    preheat the oven toaster 3-5mins until burnt smell and light smoke is gone....

    pagka preheat ko ay, papasingawin ko lang ang usok?? tama ba?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @anonymous yes, just pre-heat for 3-5 minutes. It will smell like it's burning and it would have some smoke. Just leave it and then you're good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi not really familiar sa convection may mga gamit si mama..ok lng ba gamitin ung lanera type for cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete