Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Movie Review: Sa `Yo Lamang



I like watching Filipino movies, so when the trailer for "Sa `Yo Lamang" showed on TV I told Sweetie that I wanted to watch it (that was last July). We finally got the chance to watch it today with my parents, my Tita and Miguel because of the holiday.

At the end of the movie, amidst tears I was trying to hide, I asked Sweetie, "Why does Star Cinema only make these types of movies once a decade?" Anyway, this movie couldn't have come at a better time and I applaud the producers of this movie for going around schools to reinforce the value of family togetherness.

No Family is Perfect. We all have our weird quirks. We all fight - may it be in a noisy or silent mannger. We all have problems. We all go through periods of being distant, being together. Trials always come in one form or another. One of the characters summed it up pretty well when she said, "No family is perfect. You either accept them as they are and make the best out of it. Or pity yourself and be miserable for the rest of your life."

Togetherness. The many trials the family faced in the movie seem quite unbelievable, but it is probable. The movie showed how mothers play a major role in keeping a family together.

Forgiveness. There can be no love if there is no forgiveness. The movie showed the importance of opening one's heart to forgive, no matter how huge the sin may be.

These are just some of the things that the movie tried to reinforce about how a family should cope with trials. Watching it with my family made me remember all of the trials we've been through in the past. My Mom's just like Amanda (Lorna Tolentino). Strong, prayerful, forgiving, loving and the ilaw ng tahanan. Something that I should be like now that I have my own little family.

Watch the movie and be prepared to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment