Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

My Earth Hour Experience


Last Saturday after picking up Miguel from school we just hung out at BF Homes and had snacks at Serenitea and Miggy's. When we got home we planned what to do for Earth Hour.

A year ago Sweetie and I were just newly engaged and was in transit from a wedding expo at World Trade Center. Lights went off as we traversed Buendia Avenue. During that time I called my Mom to remind her to turn the lights off at home.

For Earth Hour 2010 we planned to finish dinner by 8:30 p.m., but we were a bit delayed because I took more time to cook. We managed to turn off our lights and unplugged all appliances (except for the ref) by 8:40 p.m. Sweetie set up chairs at our tiny garden and we just enjoyed each others company under the moonlight. Miguel eventually joined us and we talked about Plants vs. Zombies (haha).

I was sorely disappointed though that we were the only household in our street that participated in Earth Hour. I expected that our famous SEO neighbor would've participated since Earth Hour is all over the net. Our neighbors either forgot about it or were out and didn't leave instructions with their maids.

Next year I'll take Earth Hour a step further and work on placing a poster on our gate and give out leaflets in our neighborhood. I'll also try to get some organizations in my neighborhood to advocate it and hopefully the next Earth Hour our locality won't be shamefully all lighted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment