Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Signs of Old Age (Part 2)

So I made an earlier post about this topic last year and I'm making another one now because I think I aged quite a bit in the past few months. Hopefully not because I got married, but because of a project I did that caused me a lot of stress. And that's the reason why I took a short break after visiting Cebu.

High Cholesterol Level


Imagine my surprise when we got our blood chemistry results. I had a full blood chem last January and everything was quite normal. I was confident that I was going to pass the regular stuff with flying colors.

I failed.

For the first time in my entire life my total cholesterol and LDL was beyond the normal range. Bad. Bad. Bad. So that was the reason why I felt dizzy at times. I was certainly busy weeks and days before I went with Sweetie and Miguel for a blood test. I ate out most of the time and was really stressed out. Anyway, I'm seeing my doc next week. I'm sure I'm going to get an earful from him.

White Hair


Argggghhh! They've just been mysteriously appearing!

Cranky Much?

Who doesn't get cranky when in pain? I was totally annoyed last weekend because some water got stuck in my ear. Thank God we managed to find an EENT last night in Cebu. I noticed though that my tolerance level for long lines, annoying neighbors and what-not have lessened. I should learn how to be "zen" as Juned puts it. Don't want premature lines on my forehead.

It took me a couple of days to accept the fact that my body is definitely getting older and that it needs more care. I used to gobble down a Big Mac+McSpaghetti+Large Fries+Large Coke for lunch everyday with no complain years ago. I also didn't gain any weight from it. If I do that now I'll probably feel woozy from too much bad cholesterol. Oh well, I do hope though that wisdom does come with age. That's a comforting thought (less stupid mistakes as one grows older).

Happy thoughts upcoming in the next few days. I'm definitely blog-logged (blog backlog, whatever).

1 comment:

  1. kaya dapat healthy na habang bata pa hehe

    ReplyDelete