Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Emerging Influential Blogs of 2009


I was included in the list of emerging influential blogs of 2007, a writing project by Janette Toral which she started back in 2007. Oh, I almost forgot, You Got Tech was included in 2008. I was asked by Janette to share my experience about making it to the top 10 last month in Cagayan de Oro and during the awarding ceremonies last Saturday (August 10).

I am thankful for being included in the list since it has helped me a lot both for work and personally. I've gained not just a couple of friends, but a lot of friends from all over the country (and worldwide). And I say a lot because it's been so hard to cut down our guest list for the wedding (which isn't a blogger event heh). It was blogger friends from Davao and Cagayan de Oro who conspired with Sweetie for his proposal. And with lots of friends, you get lots of contacts!

What keeps my blog going though is my love for writing. It doesn't really matter to me if people read what I write, but knowing that there are people who do read what I write gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling, mababaw kaligayahan ko eh. Earning from my blog is just a plus and hopefully I'll be able to buy myself a proper computer chair when I claim my earnings. Getting invited to events is also a plus, but not a must. The freebies are charming too especially when I go hungry or just want to reward myself with something, but also not a must.

Blogging for me is a very personal experience, depende rin sa mood ko. It doesn't take a lot of my time too, sometimes it just takes me 5 minutes to make a post (I can type really fast!). I just hope that through this medium I'm able to help and inspire others.

Thank God my camera is back from the service center! Gaganahan na ulit ako mag-blog!

Congratulations to the winners of the 2009 Emerging Influential Blogs writing project!



Writing to Exhale
Patay Gutom
The Struggling Blogger
Zorlone
Father Blogger dot Com
Kelvinonian Ideas 2.0
Tales from the Mom Side
Adaphobic
Lakwatsero
Let's Go Sago!


And here are photos from the 2007 ceremonies:


And my video of the 2008 ceremonies:


5 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winners ! and congrats to you for being influential in your own right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats po at sa lahat ng nanalo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice meeting you... from several tables away. Got to meet my online buddies and made new ones as well. Very nice to know that most of them are just their online persona - warm, funny and kind. Thanks for the mention, Aileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jan my pleasure. Sana umattend kayo ng events para we can chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats sa iyo at sa lahat ng nanalo!

    ReplyDelete