Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2026

5 Months After Propagating Mom's Bougainvillea

I was warned by our architect that Mom's plants would not survive the construction. I made it my mission to propagate Mom's plants especially her bougainvillea trees.



Mom told me several times that she just propagated the bougainvillea from cuttings. I only realized that she had different varieties. 


I made a final push to propagate different varieties. I crossed my fingers and prayed that the project would succeed because on April 1, the summer heat was really bad. Above are the bunch I placed in an area where anything I propagate usually succeeds.

I started seeing new leaves grow after a few weeks. I did the ICU method and kept the plastic bottles on for two to three months to make sure they were stable. 

 

I would trim as needed, but in the past two months I let them grow like crazy. They're in an open space and hard to reach when it's raining. At least, they're all growing well and are healthy!

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment