Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Pilipinas kong Mahal!

Photo by JayDJ

Guess where this is? Find out here.

This Valentine's I thought I should give a little love to my country coz I think if we give a little more love to it then things would definitely change. I love being a Filipino because:

1. Our country ranks 17th out of 178 countries in the Happy Planet Index.
2. We have 7,107 beautiful islands we can explore. How many have you gone to?
3. We have over 170 languages/dialects! Wow! I can speak and write Filipino fluently, understand Bicol a bit, and understand a teenie bit of Bisaya. How many languages do you know?

Do you have a photo that shows that you love the Philippines? And tell me a bit why you love being Filipino. Let me know if you have a post about it by leaving a comment and I'll link you up on this post. 

I'll send a prize to three of those who have the most awesome photos (for those who are in the Philippines only `kay?). I'll announce the winners on March 1, 2009. 

P.S. This was kinda a spur-of-the-moment thing... so now I have an excuse to go shopping for a prize hehehe.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:02 PM

    whoa! cool contest! lemme see what i've got... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is the deadline? March 1 na pala announcement of winners. sooo busy that i was able to read your post today lang

    ReplyDelete
  3. when is the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ako rin mahal ko ang Pilipinas. gusto ko lang ibahagi yung blog post ko para sa Araw ng Kalayaan noong nakaraang taon (2008) na nailathala rin sa tinig dot com:
    Pag-ibig Ang Bumubuhay Sa Atin

    ReplyDelete